One of nature’s most underrated fruits, the bananas are one of the most popular foods in the world because of their perfect portion size, natural protective wrap and cheap price.
But did you know that bananas can provide you with some amazing health benefits?
Eating 2 bananas a day can help you control your blood pressure, keep your bowels healthy, lose more weight and protect your eyesight. If an apple a day is healthy, banana is much more.
The facts for bananas are:
– Calories- 89
– Cal. From fat -3
– Total fat- 0
– Saturated fat-0
– Trans fat-0
– Sodium-1 mg
– Carbs- 23 g
– Fiber- 3g
– Sugar-12 g
– Protein – 1 g
– Vitamin A- 1%
– Calcium- 1%
– Vitamin C-15%
– Iron- 1%
By statistics, the banana is most consumed fruit there is in USA, even more than apples or oranges. Usually we buy them still green, but those brownish or with spots are way better, when they are riper.
Majority of people avoid these brown bananas. But they are healthiest! They have a lot of TNF.
What is TNF?
When the bananas start getting those dark spots they actually start to ripen and the more brown spots it has the better. The brown spots actually represent the TNF (tumor necrosis factor) which starts to develop and the more spots the higher levels of this factor. TNF is a cancer fighting substance which helps in the fight against abnormal cells in the body. Specifically, TNF helps to assist communication between cells in our immune response system and it guides the movement of cells towards areas in our bodies which are inflamed or infected. According to recent research the TNF from bananas stops tumor cells growth and spread and causes apoptosis, or cell death. This property combined with the high levels of antioxidants they contain strengthens our immune system and increase the white cells count, enabling our body to fight off infections and even cancer. Try to remember this the next time you see a banana with brown spots and don’t throw it away.
However, aside from their high antioxidant levels and cancer-fighting properties bananas have a long list of other benefits which is why you need to include them in your everyday diet immediately.
Here’s what two bananas a day can help you with:
– Blood pressure or heartburn: potassium is known for its ability to lower blood pressure. It does this by balancing out the effects of salt. The body needs a balance of both sodium and potassium in order to keep blood pressure at a healthy level.
– For energy they are great. They offer vitamins, minerals, and low glycemia carbs so it is fast quick energy. Eat them before or after workouts. The potassium makes the muscle cramps soothed.
– Against anemia: banana can help with that, stimulating red blood cell and hemoglobin production.
– For ulcers: ulcers can be really annoying because there are a limited number of things you can eat without causing stomach upset. Luckily for you, bananas are just perfect for this condition because they’re soft and mushy and protect the stomach lining from acid and irritation.
– For depression: they have tryptophan that fights depression. With this the serotonin activates and that is a good neurotransmitter. Improve the mood and have a banana.
– Against constipation: bananas have high amount of fibers which is beneficial if you’re suffering from constipation. They can stimulate bowel movement and relieve the symptoms.
– No PMS problems: the moodiness and stress are unavoidable sometimes. Banana has a lot of vitamin B and that relaxes the nervous system.
– Good basal temperature: this may be the thing that surprised me the most, but bananas can lower your temperature and cool you off. This goes for when you’re feeling hot or if you have a fewer.