The amazing health benefits of baking soda are undeniable. For one thing, it’s commonly used as a natural remedy against anything from colds to cancer. Plus, it’s extremely beneficial for oral health, personal hygiene, skin and hair care and last, but not least, as a cleaning agent.
Undoubtedly, there are numerous baking soda uses that you haven’t heard of:
Old wives cures
– Drink a mixture of baking soda and water to relieve muscle pain after strenuous exercise.
– Sprinkle baking soda on a damp nail brush and scrub nails to remove grime and kill nail fungus.Mix 3 tbs. baking soda, 1 tbs. peppermint essential oil, 1 tbs. salt and warm water and soak for 20 minutes in order to relieve itching, soreness and odor.
– Gargle with baking soda and water to freshen your breath.
– Sprinkle a little on your toothbrush; brush and rinse as usual.
– Baking soda is the best home remedy for whitening teeth.
– Prevent acne, remove excess facial oil and dead skin with a baking soda scrub. Mix 1 tbs. baking soda with 1 tsp. water and rub gently on your face.
– Apply to skin to relieve bee stings, insect bites, itching from poison ivy, oak and sumac. Mix baking soda with water into a thick paste for stings, or make a thin wash to use with a compress.
– Apply a paste of baking soda and water to canker sores and herpes lesions to dry them up quickly.
Home remedies for acid reflux
You need to mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 2 tbs. of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar. You should use a bigger cup to make this mixture, because it will fizz. Wait until the bubbling stops and then add 8 oz. water. You have to drink this remedy all at once. This mixture will neutralize the pH, it will help you relieve acid reflux and create and alkaline-forming environment in your body.
You can also use baking soda to relieve heartburn and GERD symptoms. All you have to do is mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 16 oz. water.
Other Baking Soda Home Remedies
In his book, Sodium Bicarbonate, Dr. Mark Sircus explains the findings of Dr. Simoncini, which are related with cancer overgrowth and explores alternative treatments with baking soda. Dr. Mark explains that if you wish to prevent systematic fungal infections and protect yourselves from diabetes and cancer, you should use a mixture of baking soda and molasses.
– Mix baking soda and water and gargle with it. This mixture will remove all the oral thrush.
– Treat a urinary tract infection by drinking an 8 Oz. glass of water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda once or twice a day.
– You can likewise utilize baking soda mixture with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to relieve a thrombosis.
– To kill Candida yeast and stop itching, douche with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and warm water.
– Apart from its amazing uses, baking soda remedies are not recommended for pregnant or nursing women or children under 5.
– Also, be cautious when using baking soda treatments as they can interfere with the effect of your prescription medications. Always consult your physician before starting any baking soda treatments.
– It’s also important to know that baking soda should always be used dissolved and never in its powder form.
– Baking soda home remedies may deplete your body of essential minerals and vitamins. It should not be used on a low sodium diet unless under supervision. Also, do not use baking soda home remedies for more than a two week period without consulting your doctor. Furthermore, it should not be used by pregnant or nursing women or by children under the age of 5.