Garlic is arguably one of the world’s most versatile and healthiest foods.
While you can use garlic to add some serious flavor to any dish, garlic also has quite the long list of health benefits as well.
That’s why we’re here to break down how you can benefit from these major remedies and how you can grow your own supply of this amazing super-food in your very own backyard!
Let’s take a look at the health benefits garlic has to offer:
– Improves the cardiovascular health
When you eat garlic, you reduce the chances of heart illnesses, and you also help the body process cholesterol and lower high blood pressure.
– Strengthen Your Immune System
It can boost up your immune system, preventing colds and other ailments from occurring. Putting garlic into your daily diet can actually reduce risk of sickness by up to 62%! If you are prone to colds, then garlic is a must!
– Prevents cancer
In additional to being a super-food, garlic is also super easy to grow.
All you need to do is follow these simply 5 steps:
1. Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
2. Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
3. When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not overwater – garlic tends to not need too much water.
4. Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavor of your garlic.
5. Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!