As if lemonade isn’t already a delicious, refreshing drink in itself, you can spruce it up with lavender for medicinal purposes. Lavender lemonade sounds delicious!
Pure lavender oil is an incredible essential oil to use for your health and wellness. It is one of the gentlest of essential oils, but also one of the most powerful, making it a household favorite for healing.
This pleasant smelling oil has a chemically complex structure with over 150 active constituents. These possess incredible anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive and sedative properties.
Lavender is considered to be a great treat for tension headaches and stress. Headaches are often caused by stress, dehydration, and tension, and the lavender essential oil effectively treats these issues.
Florida researchers have found that lavender oil benefits include reducing anxiety and lowering pulse rates in nursing students taking stressful tests. And in hospital settings, lavender aromatherapy has been demonstrated to decrease pre-surgery distress and to be more relaxing than massage or merely resting.
Take your chances and see what lavender can do for you.
To get you started, here is a simple recipe for lavender lemonade:
– 1 cup raw organic honey
– 12 cups pure water (fresh spring water is recommended!)
– 2-10 drops lavender essential oil (depending on the strength of the lavender essential oil)
– 6 organic lemons, peeled
– Lavender sprigs for garnish
Simply mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate (more water or raw honey can be added for desired taste). Enjoy!
Other ways you can use Lavender Oil for Anxiety and Headaches
– Mix 5 to 6 drops of Lavender essential oil to your bath water if you have dry skin.
– Diffuse 10 to 12 drops of Lavender into the air during your workday for natural stress relief.
– Add 2 drops of Lavender per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil (like almond oil or olive oil) for a body oil with all the benefits of lavender for improving your skin, relaxing your mind, warding off insects or helping you sleep.