Skin icing is one of the most popular modern beauty rituals and it contributes to better looking skin. Beauty experts have long used this therapy in spas and skin care treatments, thanks to its wide range of benefits.
Korean women are known for their detailed beauty rituals and skin icing is a regular technique in their skin care treatments.
Skin icing refreshes the face, fights wrinkles and acne and improves the blood circulation, and thus giving the skin a healthier look.
Skin icing should be practiced in the morning and in the evening. Moreover, it doesn’t require any special effort and you can do it at home.
HOW TO MAKE AN ICE FACIAL AT HOME
1. Start your ice facial by thoroughly cleansing the face.
2. Next wrap one or two ice cubes in a soft washcloth, gauze or other soft cloth.
3. When the ice begins to melt and the cloth is damp, apply to the face.
4. Hold the washcloth on different areas of the face for about one to two minutes.
5. Move the ice cube(s) gently with circular movements up along the chin and jaw line, up the cheeks and along the forehead and along the nose and take special care underneath the eyes.
6. Complete the facial with toner, acne treatment or moisturizer.
SKIN ICING BENEFITS
Smooth skin: Enlarged pores are a common problem. The pores become clogged by excess sebum and oil. Skin icing will shrink the pores and make your skin smooth.
Pore Primer: Skin icing is a cheap skin toner and works great when applied before makeup. It minimizes the pores underneath the makeup, and the foundation looks smooth and flawless. Try icing your face and then apply your primer.
Improves Circulation: Skin icing increases the blood circulation by constricting the blood vessels and less blood goes to the skin surface. This is a great solution for inflammation and swelling.
Great For Puffy Eyes: Skin icing reduces swellings, and thus reduces the bags under your eyes.
Wrinkle Buster: Icing eases the signs of wrinkles and slows the creation of new wrinkles.
Blemish Control: Ice can help reduce swelling and the redness of pimples. It also soothes irritated skin.
Use ice cubes on blemishes at the first sign of a pimple to slow inflammation. This can help reduce the size and number of blemishes. You can hold the ice on acne for a few seconds or until the area feels a little numb. Ice the blemishes every other night.
Another BONUS of icing acne prone skin is that it actually helps antibacterial agents and topical antibiotics get into the pores.
– Skin icing is often applied without covering the ice cubes. If that is your choice as well, make sure you wear gloves because you will not be able to hold the ice for long if you do it with bare hands.
– Do not worry if you cannot use ice directly on the skin. The same effect can be achieved when holding the cubes with a soft cloth.
– If you still decide to use bare ice, do not apply it straight from the freezer, as it can break the capillaries under the skin.
– Avoid using ice if you already have broken capillaries and do not use it for too long.
– Stop the treatment if you feel uncomfortable. The icing should not be applied for more than 15 minutes.
– For better results, add come lemon, rosewater, green tea, cucumber, chamomile tea, and other skin-friendly ingredients to the water for the ice cubes, depending on your skin type.